Subscribe

Powered By

Free XML Skins for Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Custom Search

The Chaos Within

The Chaos Within

4.4.09

The 'Rich-get-greedier-who-get-stingier-who-pretend-they-don't-have-anything' Syndrome

I have a friend who always reminded/warned me with the following expression: "remember, I'm Greek so whatever it is you're going to ask me I'm going to answer you as a Greek person would - make sure to calculate that into your equation before you do anything." I never forgot that cause I got some very practical wisdom from him before I attempted to do anything business related with any Greek person, including himself. At first I was blinded by the fact that I had a great idea and that my would-be partner -who was rich by the way- would support me and help bring it to fruition. Little did I know that it was that same "friend" who would later use my idea and money that I invested in our so-called 'company' to meet his own purpose in developing his own little evil scheme. But at the time I was too gullible and naive to see through it. As you can imagine the financial and emotional repercussions that I had to undergo(and still am to some degree) from that tragic betrayal left me scatter-brained and hungry for payback.
My point in highlighting this experience is to point out the fact that most rich Greek people try to get greedier by exploiting whoever it is they can, even if it means that the other person succumbs into giving up everything that he/she possesses. And they do it with no sense of remorse or pity. Since then I've come across many similar scoundrels who have used and abused others to reach their rise to the top. But what amazes me the most is that these people are so tight-fisted that they won't even give an extra penny's worth to whatever it is that they're purchasing or have purchased in the past. And when you ask them for a minuscule amount to help you get through your troubles, they'll pretend that they don't have any by fabricating their own elaborate excuses on how they had to spend so much on so and so... Or how they didn't even have enough money to put gas in their cars(my favorite excuse). And then you catch them in their own lie when you happen to sit with them over a cup of coffee, and when you end up having to pay for your own cup; they suddenly take out their wallet(s) and you see a wad of countless cash emerge, and as they crack it open and flip through it to see if they have a small bill at hand you notice that there are bills you haven't even seen in real life(500s, and 200s).

No comments:

Use the graffiti of your mind, and spray whatever it is that floats your boat.

Use the graffiti of your mind, and spray whatever it is that floats your boat.