Subscribe

Powered By

Free XML Skins for Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Custom Search

The Chaos Within

The Chaos Within

18.3.09

The topic structure of this blog and what to look out for.

My previous post laid out the purpose of what this blog is about; and that from hereon all the material that will be contributed by myself and others will be non objectionable and non biased in nature. I make this pledge public so that everyone understands that I will not go contrary to what I've stated. I want my word to be clear so that if anyone thinks that I'm being a racist or trying to downplay or undermine my own race he/she needs to think again. I will personally edit out any objectionable material that i find. Think of my anecdotal messages as a wholesome form of gossip, nothing more. I know I'm repeating some of the phraseology from my previous post(the Greek Wars have just begun) but that's done intentionally so that I can help to inculcate the message even more so into the minds of the readers. Ok, so now that that's out of the way and taken care of let me explain to you how I've organized this blog for your convenience. In order to make my archive more searchable I'll index the topic of each entry with a title that characterizes the pattern of Greek behavior. Each one will include the word 'syndrome' followed by an assigned observational attribute which I'll label in order to allude to the characterization that I want to further talk about in the body of the text that follows. Please bear in mind that each syndrome doesn't necessarily mean that it encompasses the whole Greek population but it might pertain to a certain demographic or scope of people. When I want to make an analogy to the parallel 'Star Wars' world(which I'll do in the beginning since not every syndrome will contain a parallel analogy) I'll always start the paragraph or sentence with the word 'analogy:' and it will always be in boldface so as to make it more discernible. I will also try to include a 'What if' or 'God forbid' section in each entry, and those will also be highlighted in the same way. Below I've explained some of the 'Star Wars' terminology so as to make the analogy sections more readable. This analogy is mainly intended so as to lay out the structural framework for my posts. It acts like a backdrop on the stage where my posts will be performing. I hope that this idea will be on the back of your minds as you read each of my posts and that you will create your own analogies as an offshoot to the foundation that I'm trying to build on. So, be sure and post them underneath mine. I hope you don't find my viewpoints patronizing in anyway.. I just want to make this blog as amusing as possible - so bear with me..
It's time to layout the settings in our figurative world.... First, I will highlight what parallel representations exist between the Greek world and that of the Star Wars world, so that whatever few references I make later on won't be confused as something else. All Greeks(including infants) fall under the 'Jedi' category and all foreigners living in Greece are 'Padawan learners' or Jedi apprentices(for more details check out the online wookiepeedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page It's the complete online star wars encyclopedia). These Padawan learners will always remain at this level since they can never master the force(see below) and since there is no "midichlorian" count in their bodies(intelligent microscopic life forms that lived symbiotically inside the cells of all living things). The all-time-favorite "lightsaber" or lasersword that Jedi warriors weild is what keeps them alive in battle or when up against other Jedi warriors. Well, I like to compare this "lightsaber" to the Greek tongue, and whatever else Greeks use(e.g. hands & arms - mannerisms) to survive in the chaotic environment with which they find themselves in. If you think about it for a moment you'll understand what an intrinsic tool it is for them. 'The Force'or ubiquitous power that surrounds and penetrates the Star Wars world can be contrasted by the prevailing Greek surroundings that make up everything(aninimate or inanimate)we breathe and touch. It resides everywhere and is omnipresent only within the confines of Greece. For all practical purposes we'll mostly be dealing with the 'light side' of 'The Force' and not its dual counterpart the 'dark side.' Well now that we've covered some of the lexical basics that we'll be using throughout some of my initial posts, the hour has come where I'll be relating to you some of my first 'Jedi' encounters. Until then, stay tuned for my next post.

No comments:

Use the graffiti of your mind, and spray whatever it is that floats your boat.

Use the graffiti of your mind, and spray whatever it is that floats your boat.