Subscribe

Powered By

Free XML Skins for Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Custom Search

The Chaos Within

The Chaos Within

14.4.09

The 'Let's-slap-on-a-title-for-ourselves' Syndrome

Be it a job title(plumber, carpenter, electrician, etc...) or a educational title(MBA, PhD, etc...), Greeks love to adorn themselves with fictitious IDs, and remain adamant to their word that who they say they are - they truly are. I've come across so many phonies over the four years that I've been living here that I know the next time I hire a Greek to do a job for me I'm going to do a background check. Whatever business card or CV I look at I know to appraise it only at face value; and whoever it is that I'm interviewing for a job I know to take whatever they say with only a granule of melted salt.
I recently had my apartment renovated and I had hired quite a few people(from respected sources) to do the job. It ended up costing me double the price I originally estimated due to the fact that I myself(along with my in-laws) had to buy the extra material and patch up the damage that they -as a result of their so-called expertise- incurred. Everyone I've talked to since then who had likewise invested money to do similar work on their homes had also experienced the same deception - as a result of which punitive damages were sustained on their property. If you have a similar story to share with us please feel free to comment back to this post.

No comments:

Use the graffiti of your mind, and spray whatever it is that floats your boat.

Use the graffiti of your mind, and spray whatever it is that floats your boat.