Subscribe

Powered By

Free XML Skins for Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Custom Search

The Chaos Within

The Chaos Within

28.3.09

The 'Annoyingly-loud- and-intrusivly-obnoxious-in-your-face' Syndrome

If you're accustomed to having your own personal space and feeling content with people living in harmony and being polite and having courteous manners etc, etc... Well, I've got news for you - you ain't in Kansas anymore!!! So wake up and smell the coffee cause you're in GREECE - G,R,E,E,C,E. People here love to get up close and personal without warning you that they're about to. They seem to act as though you're some kind of transparent obstacle that they have to get around. They neglect to consider you as some fellow human who's taking up part of the same space that they are. Not only that, but when you are occupying that same space and they suddenly nudge you and walk right by you, they fail to utter the most crucial words - 'excuse me, or pardon me'. They have this hard outer shell that's programmed to bounce off whatever is in their path. It would mean a world of difference if they could just put those words into their vernacular. However, I do have to admit, there are those rare moments that when you've fallen down or are in dire need that their outer shell breaks away to reveal their empathetic side.
If you ever counter their 'aura of omnipotence' and blurt out some spontaneous remark like, "hey, watch it buddy...or, hhheeeellllloooo," then you're in for a rude awakening. You'll need to come prepared with a pair of earplugs or else you'll feel the reverberation of their wrath echo through your bones.. Somehow the Greek mouth transcends the maximum decibel(above 160) of sound that the normal human can produce, so beware. Their no holds bared approach usually entices others nearby to participate. And this is usually no good cause then you're going to need some sort of life raft to save you out of the situation. So...how do you avoid such confrontation? Just follow this one rule and you should do just fine: Ruullsah(mister Miaggi style) number 1: never..ever argue with a Greek.. You'll lose hands down.. Even if you're in the right and ten other witnesses saw you, you're still wrong to them and they'll lyingly prove it to you.
For some reason they have this time-bomb mechanism in their character that's just waiting to explode on whoever tries to burst their vain little bubble. I remember when a guy on his motorcycle maneuvered past me and yanked off the right car door mirror and stopped a foot or so ahead of me as if nothing had happened. I approached him with the car and told him "what the f&$k is wrong with you!" He turned around and said, "well, you should've made more room for me." Immediately after that he took off with a wheelie, and before I could even turn my head he was gone. Then I muttered some curse words out loud and everybody was looking at me all weird and stuff. Oh well, I'm sure everyone in my situation would've done something along the same lines. Anyway, I'm glad I got that out of my system -once again. I hope that guy who did that to my car is reading this and feels some remote sense of guilt about what he did. But, then again, who am I kidding - Greeks have no conscience.

God Forbid: God forbid you should ever find yourself trapped in an elevator with three Greeks trying to settle the 'who-did-it' argument. You'll probably be the first to find an escape hatch; and even when you do get out, you'll probably hear them still arguing.

No comments:

Use the graffiti of your mind, and spray whatever it is that floats your boat.

Use the graffiti of your mind, and spray whatever it is that floats your boat.