Subscribe

Powered By

Free XML Skins for Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Custom Search

The Chaos Within

The Chaos Within

17.5.09

The 'Open-and-try-first-and-maybe-buy-later' Syndrome



If you've ever gone shopping in a super-market or any other commercial store I'm sure you'll have observed what I'm about to provide testimony to. And yes, this has happened to me on more than 10 occasions or else I wouldn't be writing to you about it. I'm not saying that this sort of behavior occurs all the time, but for those that have come across it and can relate in some way to what I'm about to recount, then maybe my observations do have some credibility to them. Anyway, this type of animal-like behavior mostly occurs in the supermarket isle where you'll find all sorts of sweets and other tasty goodies(i.e. chips, chocolates, etc.). The most vivid account that I remember was when I actually caught him in the act.
Oblivious as he was to his surroundings, I don't think he minded me being there while he opened the bag of chips. He took a handful and stuffed it in his mouth. The left over pieces were either hanging around his mouth or falling down on the floor next to him, creating a small carpet of chips all around him. After he had enough he threw it back on the rack and walked on as if he had done nothing out of the ordinary. I stood there starring at the open bag wondering if anyone else had seen him. But guessing from the lack of alarm on people's faces I suppose nobody really gave a dam. All the other 'I-make-my-own-samples' scenarios had already occurred, so the only thing that I witnessed was the aftermath of their breadcrumb trail. The part where all you saw was either the opened bag of chips or the half eaten candy bar.

No comments:

Use the graffiti of your mind, and spray whatever it is that floats your boat.

Use the graffiti of your mind, and spray whatever it is that floats your boat.